How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Experience Ambassador serves as a consumer advocate and liaison between patients/visitors and physicians and team members. This position captures feedback through proactive patient rounding and reports trends impacting the patient experience. The Experience Ambassador utilizes his/her resourcefulness, interpersonal and communication skills, and service recovery methods to address consumer complaints. This position communicates hospital policies, procedures, and services and safeguards patient rights. The Experience Ambassador provides support to families in crisis and performs all of the functions of the Experience Coordinator.
***Part Time Role - The schedule for this position is 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday in Old Bridge.
- Performs all of the functions of the Experience Coordinator including the call center function, notary services for hospital-related documents, education/completion of advance directives, facilitating the administrative referral process, and lost property claims, and general office support when needed.
- Proactively rounds on patients using technology to capture feedback regarding their experience.
- Serves as a liaison between patients/visitors and physicians and all team members to enhance communication, promote good working relationships, accomplish assigned duties, and improve the delivery of care.
- Utilizes resourcefulness, interpersonal skills, and service recovery methods to address patient/visitor concerns prior to discharge
- Handles routine inquiries/issues, and directs patient complaints to appropriate individuals and follows through with patients/visitors to ensure their satisfaction prior to discharge
- Communicates hospital policies, procedures and services and seeks creative solutions to meet consumer expectations.
- Ensures compliance with patient rights such as privacy and dignity and provides comfort measures as indicated.
- Routinely conducts environmental observations (i.e., cleanliness, noise) and follows up to address issues.
- Identifies and reports trends to Experience leader and team members.
- Directs grievances to Experience Advisor for investigation and follow through with the patient or patient’s representative.
- Provides support as needed to families in crisis by addressing their needs, facilitating requests, and calling upon necessary resources.
- Serves as a resource to visitors waiting in patient care areas.
- Anticipates the needs of the patient population served in relation to their age, culture, language, hearing and/or visual impairment, etc, and provides customer service to meet those needs.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Lifts a minimum of 10 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates/Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 – 4 years in a customer-oriented position.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly resourceful and efficient with excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, problem-solving, and service recovery skills.
- Proficient in MS Outlook and Office.
- Patient Advocacy Certification preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.