Echocardiograph Technologist (Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Responsible for the diagnostic testing of patients within the NonInvasive Cardiology Lab. Provides on-call coverage for echocardiography at both hospital divisions.
A Day in the life of a Echocardiograph Technologist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Follows established procedures and observes safety practices, applying technical knowledge and clinical judgment when performing Echocardiography.
- Assists with problem solving, clinical decisions and communicates same to the supervisor and department cardiologists.
- Intervenes with the correct techniques, procedures and safety precaution to maintain patient and personal safety.
- Contributes to the preparation and implementation of educational objectives and learning experiences for department and hospital staff. Maintaining a knowledge of current trends and new developments.
- Prior to testing, verifies physician order by reviewing and documenting pertinent information from patient¿s chart and/or written prescription.
- Prior to testing, a simple explanation of procedure is given to patient and questions answered.
- Following explanation of test, an Echocardiogram is performed according to established department policy and procedure.
- Upon completion of the test, notes information regarding the status of testing and other observations pertinent to the patient by preparing a final work sheet for interpretation by the Cardiologist.
- Statistical data will be compiled and submitted to the supervisor on the last day of each month by reviewing daily patient testing log.
- Assists in maintaining quality assurance records as required by State agencies and participates in quality improvement on an ongoing basis via input of ideas or suggestions through assigned data collection and/or feedback to assist in developing and maintaining methods to review quality of care.
- Ensures testing area is properly supplied and operational on a daily basis. This includes a sufficient supply of linen. Also maintains work area in a clean and orderly fashion at the conclusion of each working day.
- Keeps supervisor/coordinator informed of all atypical events regarding patient status, testing problems and unit environment which may occur, i.e., incident reports, patient complaints, special needs, equipment breakdown, unsafe work conditions, etc.
- Seeks assistance from staff nurse in situation which requires nursing intervention, i.e., I.V. infiltration, respiratory distress, chest pain.
- Initiates preventive/corrective action to the patient and/or patient environment to ensure, when necessary, safety according to policy.
- Keeps abreast of changes in Echocardiography trends and practices through reading material by attendance and/or participation in in-service programs, as recorded and documented within the Cardiology department.
- Provides competent assessment treatment and/or care to patients appropriate for the individualized and developmental needs for the ages of those patients served.
- Attends monthly departmental meetings when possible or reads and signs minutes of same.
- Attains CPR certification and maintains biannual review of same.
- Performs other functions as directed by Supervisor, Cardiology.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an approved school for echocardiography, Associate Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year performing echocardiograms.
- Exposed to infections, communicable diseases and hazardous material.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.