E S Group Leader
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system. As a food service associate you will enjoy working with a team of energized peers who together orchestrate a top level food service experience. You are joining a team that prides itself as top ranked in the country for health care dining.
The ES Group Leader maintains a sanitary, attractive, safe, and orderly environment for patients, visitors, and staff members in assigned areas and assists with the coordination of activities in the Environmental Services department.
A day in the life of a Food Service Associate at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assist the supervisor as needed.
- Provide limited supervision of staff as needed.
- Round on employees, patients, and staff.
- Produce and/or modify schedules for staff members.
- Review daily assignments of staff members and make necessary adjustments.
- Assesses the need for floor care and performs appropriate tasks.
- Perform cleaning procedures according to standards in both patient and non-patient areas.
- Perform project cleaning (e.g. stripping, refinishing, carpet extraction, wall washing, deck scrubbing, etc.).
- Collect and dispose of trash and linen appropriately.
- Conduct work area inspections and utilizes quality tools (3M Trace, Epic, etc.).
- Assume responsibility for care of equipment.
- Operate, clean machinery, and care for machinery and report all repair needs.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies and reports need for replenishment.
- Follow Universal Precautions.
- Model and promote teamwork.
- Ensure that patient needs are consistently met on time (e.g. manage discharge bed turnaround time).
- Resolve patient and visitor complaints through service recovery.
- Serves as a resource to the department:
- Provide training on cleaning techniques, proper use of chemicals, A.I.D.E.T., proper use of machinery, PPE, etc.
- Precept new employees.
- Report all work and work progress to next shift.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Organizational Competencies of HUMC.
- Regular contact with Medical Center personnel, patients, and visitors.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 years as Environmental Service Aide experience
- Good communication and Customer Service skills required
- Computer skills (including, MS Word, Outlook, etc.) preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English and understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong skills to mentor and teach group leaders.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 100 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 250 lbs. and stands a minimum of length of shift.
- Must be able to stand and walk extensively.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.