How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The director of facilities plans, organizes, directs and evaluates all activities and staff in providing plant operations and maintenace within budget and in accordance with Federal, State and The Joint Commission standards and in accordance with overall hospital policies and procedures.
- Oversees the activities of the Plant Operations/Maintenance in both Divisions
- Required to respond to facility emergencies during off hours
- Recommends and implements policies and procedures to improve the Medical Center’s physical plant, customer service and equipment
- Consults, cooperates and adheres with inspection/regulatory agencies (local building, etc.) assuring conformance with all applicable regulations, standards, etc.
- Develops organizational plans to carry out activities of services within The Joint Commission and State Department of Health standards
- Communicates clearly with all Departments requesting services, keeping them informed on the status of their request
- Develops justifiable annual or other periodic budgets taking into account historical data and projected needs within prescribed time frame
- Monitors expenses, modifies operational expenditures where appropriate and presents clearly documented variance reports as necessary
- Submits variance justifications and other statistical reports as requested
Ensures that all operating areas and personnel are in keeping with regulatory agency requirements and HMH policies and procedures
- Bachelor Degree in related technical field
- Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years in Healthcare Plant Operations/Maintenance in an administrative capacity
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.