Behavioral Health Assistant
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Behavioral Health Assistant is a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. The BHA assists with the admission, treatment and discharge of the inpatient behavioral health patient.
- Interacts with the behavioral health patient using principles of therapeutic communication.
- Implements diversionary group activities, documenting patient response and participation
- Assists the Registered Nurse and Mental Health Professional with Wellness and Recovery groups.
- Reinforces the educational material initiated by the RN or Mental Health Professional.
- Participates in unit safety activities
- Under the direction of the Mental Health Professional helps implement the discharge plan including scheduling appointments for outpatient follow up
- Accompanies the admitted patient to any treatment or activity scheduled off the assigned unit
- Responds to any behavioral health emergency, assisting as needed.
- Bachelors’ Degree in a social science required.
- Prior experience working with behavioral health populations is preferred.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.