How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative functions at the RBMC campus. This position reports to the Director of Nursing Organizational Effectiveness and Magnet Program Director. Responsibility includes management of the hospital wide National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) as well as the Magnet Demographic Data Collection Tool (DDCT)
- Schedules appointments, meetings or conferences for departmental personnel utilizing interdepartmental computerized scheduling systems.
- Prioritizes calls through screening process, transfers calls, records messages, and delivers to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates and prepares accurately departmental documents, correspondence and reports necessary for meeting required standards, communications and efficient Nursing services. Includes: meeting minutes, publications, schedules and annual reports
- Maintains a systematic departmental filing system internal/external to ensure the expeditious storage and retrieval of information and records needed by operational leaders, professional, accrediting and affiliating agencies
- Contributes to the overall functioning of the nursing department and hospital-wide services including: coordinates scheduling and all reservations needed for departmental activities
- Arranges for meeting space and equipment and calls in cancellations; budget requests, purchases and follow up.
- Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
- Acts as receptionist for the Magnet and Nursing office, receiving inquiries and directing personnel, visitors and physicians and other guest speakers/vendors representatives.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area or related higher levels of education achieved.
- Strong skills in MS Office Applications.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Four (4) years secretarial experience; two (2) years computer experience: Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point proficiency
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.