Adjunct Instructor RN-School of Nursing-Perth Amboy- Per Diem
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
- Maintains accountability for teaching, directing and evaluating nursing students in the clinical and/or laboratory settings.
- Documents student progress in a timely manner. Keeps students informed of progress and returns graded material in a timely manner. Develops a plan of action when necessary.
- Acts as role model for students. Provides clinical and/or laboratory support to students, faculty, and nursing staff. Uses problem-solving skills when dealing with student and client issues; incorporates psychosocial, cultural, communication, spiritual, safety and evidence-based nursing aspects into educational activities. Demonstrates ability to work with diverse groups of learners. Generational, cultural and age-specific considerations are included in educational approaches.
- Documents student progress in a timely manner. Keeps students informed of progress and returns graded material in a timely manner. Develops a plan of action when necessary. Designs and revises educational activities utilizing principles of adult learning theory.
- Maintains open lines of communication, communicates student educational activities to Course Coordinator, nursing unit managers and assigned staff nurses. 8. Evaluates and summarizes feedback from students.
- Evaluates effectiveness and outcomes of educational endeavors. Plans, supervises, and evaluates clinical and/or laboratory performance to foster clinical judgment.
- Uses a variety of creative teaching strategies and delivery methods.
- Implements activities that involve learners, promotes critical thinking and technical skills competencies. Maintains flexibility while managing roles and responsibilities. 13. Promotes self-development by remaining current in skills, practice area knowledge, advances in technologies and research.
- Keeps current in specialty area by attending in-service programs, workshops, seminars and conventions. Is a member of a professional nursing organization and participates in professional and community activities.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Master's degree in Nursing
- American Heart Association BLS for the Health Care Provider.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- At least five years of experience in nursing, three of which are in teaching
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- National League for Nursing Certification.
- Certification in clinical area of expertise.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.