Adj Instructor - School of Nursing
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Maintains accountability for teaching, directing, and evaluating nursing students in theory, laboratory, and clinical practice by planning and developing course content and related experiences in a specific department of nursing education.
A day in the life of a Nursing Instructor at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Develops, revises, and evaluates educational curriculum, courses, and programs to meet needs of the learner/student and comply with accrediting and educational standards and regulatory agencies.
- Uses a variety of creative teaching strategies and delivery methods. Formats selected are based upon size of group and setting appropriate for learning activity, are current, innovative, and cost-effective. Implements activities that involve learners, promotes critical thinking and clinical judgment, and technical skills competencies.
- Uses problem-solving skills when dealing with student and client issues; incorporates psychosocial, cultural, communication, spiritual, safety, and evidence-based nursing aspects into educational activities.
- Designs and revises educational activities utilizing principles of adult learning theory.
- Demonstrates ability to work with diverse groups of learners. Generational, cultural, age-specific considerations are included in educational approaches.
- Schedules mid-term, end-of-course, and interim meetings with students to evaluate progress; develops action plans to assist individual students who are having difficulty in meeting course objectives. Keeps Course Coordinator informed regarding student progress.
- Keeps students informed of progress and returns graded material in a timely manner. Documents students progress in a timely manner. Develops a plan of action when necessary.
- Provides clinical support in students and nursing staff. Acts as role model for students and nursing staff.
- Maintains flexibility while managing roles and responsibilities.
- Maintains open lines of communication, completes goals and projects in a timely manner.
- Utilizes current and up-to-date literature, evidence-based practice, best references and practices standards, and research to develop content and materials.
- Evaluates and summarizes feedback from learners. Measures learning outcomes by methods appropriate to type of learning activity (tests, psychomotor skills, etc.)
- Participates in school functions and extracurricular activities.
- Keeps current in specialty area by attending innovative programs, workshops, seminars, and conventions. Is a member of a professional nursing organization and participates in professional and community activities.
- Provides academic or advisement to students.
- Participates in shared governance by attending appropriate departmental, college, and/or hospital committees.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Masters degree in nursing
- Three years of nursing practice in the area of specialty, minimum of one year of teaching experience
- Professional Registered Nurse in New Jersey
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Active NJ RN Nursing License
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- NLN Certified Nurse Educator
- Certification in area of specialty
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.