Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Supervises subordinate staff members. Identifies needs in program planning and facilitates program development. Provides occupational therapy services.
A day in the life of a Occupational Therpaist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs occupational therapy assessment and evaluations on a daily basis, on-going reassessment and administers occupational treatments to patients as requested by physicians. Some direct exposure to blood/body fluid from patients, but risk is minimal when proper safety precautions are observed. Regularly updates knowledge of techniques and regulations appropriate to the ages of patients served. Communicates clearly and tactfully with patients.
- Implements on a daily basis, treatment modalities which may include tasks oriented activities, self care activities, sensory motor activities, adaptive equipment/devices joint protection body mechanics/ energy conservation techniques and others.
- Provides on a daily basis, for patient family and education, including but not limited to adaptive equipment, home safety/ adaptations, exercises and assistance in understanding and participation in occupational therapy goal setting.
- Uses, on a daily basis, multidisciplinary approach in executing patient treatment. Coordinate with physician, Social
- Services/Discharge Planning and Nursing to provide for patient's timely discharge and continuation of treatment upon Hospital discharge.
- Participates in the development maintenance of the Policies & Assurance/ Improvement Program.
- Ensures delivery of excellent customer service resulting in positive and improving patient satisfaction scores for department and Medical Center.
- Assists the Director of Physical Medicine in the daily operation of the department.
- Assumes responsibilities in the overall management of the department in the absence of the Director, in accordance with hospital, department and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares on a daily basis schedule for Occupational Therapy. Maintains par levels of supplies in Occupational Therapy sections.
- Reviews and evaluates section's performance periodically. Keeps Director informed of the section's progress and problems.
- Attends hospital and department educational in-services as required.
- Performs educational in-services to Hospital staff as required.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy, M.S in Occupational Therapy
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Registered Occupational Therapist.
- Outpatient and acute care experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Current NJ State licensure; certification in Occupational Therapy or equivalent.
- Must be certified and registered by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.