Staff Technologist II - Medical Technologist ( Full - Time)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system
- Must have ability, knowledge to work in Blood Bank and core lab.
- Performs all required procedures related to the testing of blood, body fluids, urines, etc., as well as other specialized procedures that are related to the instrumentation of the section.
- Precisely and accurately performs Quality Control testing. Insures that Quality Control meets the departmental guidelines. Complies with regulations requiring documentation of corrective action taken when Quality Control fails.
- Precisely and accurately performs manual procedures as outlined by current SOP’s.
- Has complete knowledge of specimen requirements and clinical significance of abnormal or unexpected results.
- Performs clerical duties in accordance with all regulatory inspection agencies. This includes, but is not limited to, proper labeling of all cups and/or sampling tubes, maintaining daily files/reports/logs, proper labeling of all reagents/controls, temperature charts properly recorded, proper documentation of all panic values called.
- Draws blood in accordance with departmental policies. Observes standard precautions while performing phlebotomies
- Understands proper use of laboratory computer functions.
- Adheres to RBMC philosophy of Pride in Caring and Universal Expectations.
- Baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology or equivalent preferred; Associate degree acceptable if experience criteria is met (must meet NJ State Department of Health regulation for Technologist).
- Individuals not employed at RBMC in this job title prior to September 1, 1997 must meet Federal CLIA regulations for performing high complexity testing.
- Subsequent to the receipt of an Associate degree, five (5) years of full time experience in an acceptable clinical laboratory; for individuals with a Bachelor's degree, satisfactory completion of one (1) year of clinical practicum, or one (1) year of full time experience in an acceptable clinical laboratory.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.