Security Corporal-Full Time -Evening
Serves as a representative of Raritan Bay Medical Center fostering positive public relations with both the public and employees.
Affords protection of Raritan Bay Medical Center property, employees, patients and visitors against assault, theft, vandalism, fire and
hazards. Provides direct supervision to Security Officers on assigned shift.
- Provides service or assistance to all in need as time, staffing and regulations permit. Courteously responds to any
inquiries made by patients, visitors or personnel displaying positive interpersonal communication skills.
- When assigned to a fixed Post, follows the procedures set out in the Post Orders. Familiarizes him/herself with Post
Orders and can stand all Posts. Inspects incoming or outgoing parcels as necessary to prevent theft of Medical
Center property. Greets incoming patients, family members, employees and/or visitors and offers assistance. Directs
patients and visitors to proper area or personnel. Controls flow of patient visiting according to policy. Maintains
crowd control at all entrance/waiting area Posts.
- When patrolling the Medical Center, remains constantly alert to any and all activities which violate rules or
regulations of the Medical Center, taking the necessary action to prevent or stop these infractions. Thoroughly
patrols all buildings and grounds. While on patrol, evaluates subordinates performance. Is always available to any
Security Officer who may have questions or concerns during the shift. Determines levels of physical security and
compliance to same. Courteously questions all persons on premises who are not authorized for access. Demonstrates
good judgment in routing appropriately, or detaining, all unauthorized persons. Responds as backup Officer to
emergency calls for assistance and codes to give support and instruction to Officers.
- Conducts investigations as necessary to include surveillance and apprehension as set forth by the Loss Prevention
Supervisor Submits properly completed incident reports detailing any investigation of suspicious persons, fire and
safety hazards, thefts or other assigned investigations. Documents investigatory steps and results. Only uses
objective data and clear, concise language in reports. Demonstrates an ability to interview a wide variety of
individuals in a courteous and unbiased manner.
- Supervises the daily operation of assigned shift in conjunction with Security Sergeant. Inspects all Officers at the
beginning of each shift to ensure adherence to the departmental dress code policy. Assigns Officers to Posts, patrol,
etc. Issues and accounts for all equipment. Ensures all equipment is operating properly.
- In conjunction with the Security Sergeant, schedules personnel to ensure proper coverage on assigned shift within
authorized staffing levels. Ensures that overtime is kept to a minimum.
- In the absence of the Sergeant, assumes the Sergeant’s duties. Performs such other supervisory duties and
assignments as directed by the Sergeant and/or Loss Prevention Supervisor. Completes all additional duties or
assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
- Aids in the Medical Center and departmental goals of retaining quality personnel by properly orienting, training,
evaluating and disciplining personnel within established Medical Center policy. Conducts both on-the-job andformal training classes for Security Officers as directed by the Loss Prevention Supervisor. In conjunction with the
Security Sergeant, conducts performance evaluations of subordinate Officers. Takes appropriate disciplinary action
against subordinates as warranted
- Responds to all Codes, disasters, drills, alarms and fires and takes the appropriate action. Directs subordinate
- Ensures proper maintenance and care of all security equipment such as radios, beepers, flashlights, autos or any other
- Extends courtesy and consideration for others in all interpersonal relationships, including telephone contacts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent education and experience.
- 2 - 3 years security experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Heavy at times, may require restraining patients, visitors or employees. Subject to physical/verbal abuse in dealing with
hostile patients, visitors and employees.
- All types of weather condition, normal to extreme.
- May be required to work rotating shifts, weekends and holidays at Perth Amboy Division or Old Bridge Division, as
required by staffing needs
- Bilingual, English/Spanish, preferred.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.