Radiologic Technologist (X-Ray Tech) (Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone's life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our X Ray Technologists are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. The X Ray Technologist is responsible for diagnostic procedures under the guidance of the Radiologist both within the department, in the Emergency Room and in portable locations. Our complete spectrum of Radiology services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A Day in the Life of a Radiology Technologist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Programs and operates various x-ray generating equipment to provide radiographs of specific body parts.
- Performs each radiographic procedure with accuracy while ensuring patient’s safety & comfort.
- Selects and prepares a correct dosage of various opague media used in conjunction with various radiographic procedures.
- Assists physicians during special exams following instructions and anticipating their needs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Picture, Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
- Ensures all images are labeled correctly.
- Monitors RIS & PACS systems to expedite performance and interpretation of patient examinations.
- Cleans and maintains all ancillary equipment in conjunction with radiology procedures.
- Perform evaluation of imaging equipment and instrumentation for quality control & trouble shooting.
- Provides competent assessment, treatment and/or care to patients appropriate for the individualized and developmental needs for the ages of those patients served.
- Maintains workplace cleanliness and prepares room & patient for each procedure.
- Performs all imaging procedures in a reasonable time frame.
- Prepares local anesthetic in proper dosage in accordance with physician’s directives.
- Operates mobile x-ray equipment at patient’s bedside or during Operating room procedures.
- Selects proper collimation and utilizes gonadal shielding for every patient in the reproductive age range.
- Inspects all radiographic equipment daily, and reports any potentially dangerous situations.
- Utilizes double patient identifier system for all procedures.
- Willingly performs assignments in keeping with the mission of the medical center.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school graduate and graduation from a recognized school of Radiologic Technology that provides hospital based clinical experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Valid New Jersey X-ray License.
- Current American Registry of Radiologic Technology Certification.
- CPR for Healthcare Provider Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.