Physical Therapist (Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Within the scope of Physical Therapy practice, treats and evaluates patient¿s disabilities, injuries and diseases through the use of varying modalities according to the prescription of the physician. Physical Therapy activities are directed toward collaborative planning with other healthcare workers in accordance with the overall mission of Raritan Bay Medical Center.
A day in the life of a Physical Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Responsible for the delivery of patient care within the scope of physical therapy practice, which includes evaluation/re-evaluation, planning treatment programs, formulation of goals and of treatment programs. Directs patient and family teaching and documents interventions
2. Evaluates all assigned patients and writes a complete, and accurate initial evaluation on said form according to departmental policy and procedure during patient¿s first treatment session.
3. Reviews and verifies the accuracy of the demographic and financial information of each outpatient prior to initiating treatment. Assures that certification or recertification was obtained from the insurance company prior to provision of physical therapy services to outpatients according to departmental policy and procedure.
4. Assess data reflective of each patient¿s status and interprets information needed in order to identify each patient¿s age requirement relative to his or her specific healthcare needs.
5. Performs and writes accurate, timely, legible and complete re-evaluations and restatement of treatments, goals using primarily objective data on ongoing basis or at least every two weeks for inpatients and monthly for outpatients or when there¿s significant change in patients condition and diagnosis.
6. Completes on a daily basis, physical therapy treatment and statistical record sheet on all inpatients listing specific physical therapy treatments rendered. In all cases, the notes and statistic record match.
7. Documentation physical therapy treatments and patient¿s progress following each treatment session on Rehabilitation Medicine Progress Note Form. Documentation is to include treatment received, patient¿s reaction and response to treatment, specific modality setting, every supply item or piece of equipment provided to the patient, and any other observations pertinent to patient case. Documentation is legible, timely, accurate and complete.
8. Provides education to patient, available family and appropriate hospital personnel using relevant and effective teaching methods. Education includes but not limited to proper use of equipment and assistive devices and other physical therapy procedures, positioning, home exercise program, safe transfer and ambulation techniques as applicable with documentation in Rehabilitation Medicine Progress Notes.
9. Participates in Performance Improvement program on an ongoing basis via input of ideas on suggestions, through assigned data collection and/or feedback for developing a system of patient care review.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree with major in Physical Therapy from an approved school. Must have a valid current license in the State of New Jersey in Physical Therapy.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Physical Therapist License.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.