Per Diem, Nursing Supervisor
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Oversees the running of the hospital off shift for all departments that have involvement with patient care. Coordinates staffing and patient placement.
A day in the life of a Nursing Administrative Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Manages human and material resources efficiently and prioritizes needs.
- Analyzes staffing levels and adjusts nursing staff resources based upon patient volume variability, acuity, staff competency, and available support staff.
- Coordinates bed control in collaboration with nurse manager, assistant nurse manager and/or designee for timely patient movement and placement throughout the facility, nursing units and transfers to other facilities. Prioritizes multiple demands for appropriate bed placement.
- Obtains necessary supplies and equipment as needed.
- Monitors specialty equipment utilization for appropriateness of use, discontinuation and accurate charging processes.
- Supervises nursing staff on the delivery of nursing services to patients in respective divisions on designated shift.
- Acts as clinical resource person in the delivery of patient care during designated shift. Provides support and direction to staff, oversights new orientees and resources needed related to equipment, staff, and pharmacy-related issues.
- Participates and evaluates nursing performance and communicates findings to nursing administration/nurse managers.
- Collaborates and analyzes staff levels in relation to patient acuity and intervenes according.
- Coordinates/initiates the on-call system for surgical cases on weekends and holidays.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
- Current New Jersey license
- BS in Nursing required
- BLS/ACLS required by the American Heart Association
- Telemetry and critical care certifications preferred
- Four years medical-surgical and/or critical care nursing experience
- Two years of administrative or supervisory expertise preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.