Per Diem Dietitian
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Dietitian will be assigned to specific in- and out-patient care areas to provide nutritional services compatible with established standards of practice and in compliance with state and federal regulations, utilizing knowledge of growth and development and an understanding of the range of treatment needed by patients over the life cycle. This position assists with the management of diet offices, and supervises nutrition assistants.
A day in the life of a Dietitian at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
2. Reads patient medical record and extracts information pertinent to nutritional assessment.
3. Visits and interviews patients and/or significant other in assigned area.
4. Interprets physicians' diet orders as received and initiates the diet plan as prescribed.
5. Develops, documents, implements and evaluates a nutrition care plan, based on the assessment of nutritional needs, for all patients where such need is indicated.
6. Counsels patients and/or family members on dietary plan, principles of nutrition, food selection and adaptation of plans to meet established life styles.
7. Develops, implements and evaluates educational programs for patient and staff education.
8. Confers with nutrition assistants regarding accurate modification of patients' menus as needed.
9. Evaluates food distribution for conformance to dietary prescriptions and quality standards.
10. Evaluates food service in terms of efficiency, patient acceptance, tray appearance, accuracy.
11. Utilizes information regarding patient meal service and nutrition care to improve service by consulting with appropriate supervisor.
12. Participates in research.
13. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, meeting the dietetic didactic requirements.
2. Computer Literacy, with proficiency in Power point, Excel, and MSWord or equivalents.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Acute care clinical experience.
2. Working knowledge of CBORD, IDX Lastword, HealthTouch, EPIC.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Registered Dietitian.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.