Patient Intake Representative (Physician Services)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Patient Intake Rep is responsible for providing administrative care to patients through the in-take and out-take registration process.
A day in the life of a Patient Intake Representative at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Check-in and greet patients/family members and ascertain their needs and direct them accordingly (as assigned).
- Enter new patient data into computer and update information as needed.
- Schedule and pre-authorize appointments for imaging and laboratory studies.
- Verify referral and co-pay information on computer.
- Assist patients with proper completion of paperwork to ensure accuracy.
- Check-out patients ensuring that follow-up appointments, patient instructions and patient records are settled (as assigned).
- May assist with the insurance precertification process as needed.
- Assist with medical records including evaluating chart data and obtaining and filing charts.
- Retrieve answering service messages and rerouting of phone lines (as assigned).
- Maintain HIPAA standards throughout the patient in-take and out-take process.
- Collect co-pays and balance intake of monies received.
- May go over clinical procedures with patients and give patient instructions as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the bb, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances, licensure and certifications.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent communication and organization skills required
- Ability to type -35WPM with minimal errors required
- Must be able to maintain patient confidentiality
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Prior clerical training, knowledge and/or two years of experience in a health care setting preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.