Nursing - Case Manager - Days
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Nurse Case manager is a member of the healthcare team and is responsible for coordinating, communicating and facilitating the clinical progression of the patient’s treatment and discharge plan . They asses, plan, and facilitate, with patients/families and healthcare professionals involved in the patients care to meet treatment goals, expected length of stay, and arrange for the appropriate next level of care. Oversees Inter facility Coordination and handoff between acute & post-acute services.
A day in the life of a case manager at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Meets directly with patient/family to assess needs and develop an individualized plan in collaboration with the physician and other members of the health care team.
- Facilitates communication and coordination between members of the health care team and involves the patient/family in the decision-making process, in order to minimize fragmentation of services, manage resources and remove barriers to the plan of care.
- Develops a discharge plan, in collaboration with the patient/family, patient caregiver, patient support persons and healthcare team that will provide maximum benefit for each patient.
- Ensures the discharge plan will be the least restrictive environment that best meets the continuing care needs of the patient.
- Ensures provisions of continued care at home or in an appropriate extended care facility based upon the patient needs.
- Confirms the patient has a primary care provider upon discharge or refers appropriately to an ACO or FQHC.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team and external teams to effect timely and appropriate transitions to the next appropriate level of care.
- Maintains current and up to date information of community resources and refers patients to those community resources which will enhance patient’s life.
- Consults with other community agencies and committees to identify potential resources to support patients and their families.
- Documents and communicates information to the Multidisciplinary Team in order to coordinate and maximize care.
- Current and valid NJ State Professional Registered Nurse license
- Maintains American Heart Association Basic Life Support HCP certification
- BSN required
- Three to five years’ clinical experience required
- RN Case Manager experience preferred
- Experience with relevant systems; Excel, Word, EPIC, Allscripts, MCG
- CCM or ACM Case Management certification preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.