Nuclear Medical Technologist (Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A Day in the life of a Nuclear Medical Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs evaluations of instrumentation for quality control and maintains appropriate records.
- Maintains documentation involving the procurements, preparation, calculation, identification, administration, disposal, storage, and handling of radiopharmaceuticals on a daily basis.
- Assesses and responds to patient’s needs while in the nuclear medicine department.
- Utilizes appropriate technical factors that will assure quality diagnostic images.
- Maintains techniques that will minimize radiation exposure to the patients, health care personnel, and the general public.
- Ability to coordinate patient care with other members of the health care team.
- Participates in implementing new and/or changes in procedures and protocols.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment and observes safety procedures.
- Maintain adequate supply levels through appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
- Monitors and resolves minor technical problems related to equipment.
- Maintains professional growth and development through professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure.
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement efforts.
- Performs other duties as expected.
- Assists with patient scheduling as necessary.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school graduate and graduation from a recognized school of Nuclear Medicine Technology.
- Six months clinical experience in an acute care setting
- Valid New Jersey Nuclear Medicine Technology License
- CPR Certification
Licenses and Certifications Required:
Valid New Jersey Nuclear Medicine Technology License
Primary Source Verification: N.J. Department of Environmental Protection (Bureau of Radiological Health)
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.