Materials Mgmt Coord OR - Med/Surg - F/T with Benefits Day
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of Materials Management Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Maintains inventory, par levels, and standardization of all surgical supplies
- Assists staff with special requests from surgeons, initiating New and Infrequent approval protocol when needed.
- Act a liaison between staff, surgeon’s offices, and Materials Management.
- Communicates and coordinates with vendors the needs of specialty items and implants for surgeons.
- Reduces inventory and cost of supplies on hand.
- Other tasks as necessary.
- Cooperation; Demonstrates on-going commitment towards problem solving with Materials staff or other departments with intervention by manager.
- Creativity; Seeks out and initiates solutions to problems. Identifies issues of importance and develops proposals for potential implementation.
- Follow through; Follows up on job assignments and commitments in a self initiated manner and suitable time frame.
- Decision making skills; after weighing risks and or cost benefit analysis, makes decisions consistent with departmental and Medical Center philosophies and objectives. Seeks consultation when necessary.
- Time management and prioritizing skills; Manages time resources effectively while managing multiple priorities through successful completion.
- Flexibility; Demonstrates the ability to respond to changing needs, conditions, or priorities.
- Prior Materials/inventory background requires
- O.R. Scrub Tech background preferred
- Exposure to CRT’s and noise, interruptions, standard and emergency hospital situations, exposure to chemical and materials common to hospital environment. Travel to multiple sites may be necessary
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.