How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Mammography Technologist, utilizes digital technology, performs high quality mammograms, meeting ACR standards for positioning and technique. Incumbent must meet all MQSA requirements regarding training and continuing education and experience. Must be willing to perform bone density testing. Participates in all departmental activities relating to organizational goals and regulatory agencies. The individual may perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
We are looking for a Mammo/Dexa and X-ray Tech. The hours are 8:30 am - 5 pm or 9:30 am - 6 pm with occasional Saturdays as needed. Must be flexible.
A day in the life of a Mammography Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Demonstrates the positioning skills and selects proper factors to produce high quality images.
- Adheres to established protocols for all exams. Adheres to ACR positioning guidelines.
- Able to evaluate images for accuracy and clinical image quality.
- Executes pre and post biopsy duties per departmental protocols.
- Utilizes appropriate radiation protection techniques for patients, staff, self and other personnel.
- (ALARA) Performs Dexa scans and interventional procedures according to departmental guidelines and established protocols.
- Practices JFK values of Human Touch, Best Self and Perfect Performance.
- Prepares for and assists in processes related to department and organizational certifications.
- Assists radiologists and other physicians as needed. Able to recognize and report on equipment related issues.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all department computer programs.
- Participates in outreach and community educational programs to promote breast health awareness.
- Completes e learnings on time.
- Practices JFK values of Busines Best and Visionary Spirit.
- Reviews and verifies all pertinent documents.
- Follows department protocols for record keeping and documentation of exams.
- Performs all tasks necessary for retrieval and tracking of mammography data.
- Follows department protocols for image storage and retrieval (PACS)Performs clerical functions as needed.
- One year in mammogrpahy preferred.
- Meets FDA requirements to perform FF Digital mammography.
- Meets minimum requirement (MQSA) of mammographies performed
- High School diploma or GED required
- A.S. in Radiologic Technology or certification from an approved 24 month hospital based program required.
- Meets MQSA initial and continuing education requirements in mammography.
- Full Field Digital mammography experience and certification required.
- 3D Tomosynthesis experience and certification preferred.
- Dexa bone density testing knowledge, preferred but willing to train.
- Basic computer skills.
- Core needle biopsy (vacuum and non-vacuum) knowledge, preferred but willing to train.
- Experience with PACS preferred.
- Diagnostic Radiography License required
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification - BLS required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.