Mammography Technologist ( Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Mammography Technologist obtains specialized mammography images according to established procedures for medical interpretation.
A day in the life of a Mammography Technologist at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
- Responsible for obtaining radiographs and positioning all mammography and biopsy related equipment.
- Minimizes patient radiographic exposure and is responsible for maintaining patient safety in the environment of care.
- Perform evaluation of imaging equipment and instrumentation for quality control.
- Assists physicians during breast biopsy and needle localization exams, following instruction and anticipating their needs.
- Utilizes established guidelines pertaining to sterile techniques when performing and assisting with breast biopsy procedures.
- Maintains quality control on all Mammography images.
- Responsible for proper identification on all mammography images.
- Responsible for processing of radiographs.
- Responsible for processing of Diagnostic Imaging requests for procedures.
- Provides competent assessment, treatment and/or care to patients appropriate for the individualized and developmental needs for the ages of those patients served.A
- Accurately prepares room and patient for procedure.
- Performs all imaging procedures in a reasonable time frame.
- Prepares local anesthetic in proper dosage in accordance with physician’s directives.
- Documents and prepares the collection of all biopsy specimens for transport to the Lab and Surgical Pathology departments.
- Provides routine cleaning and adjustments on all equipment in her designated areas, daily.
- Inspects all radiographic equipment daily, and reports any potentially dangerous situations.
- Works along with the Chief Radiology Technologist in the daily operation of the Center for Women.
- Enters appropriate information into the Radiology Management System as required.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Valid New Jersey X-ray License is required
- Current American Registry of Radiologic Technology Certification is required
- Current American Registry of Radiologic Technology (Mammography) Certification is required
- BLS/CPR for Certification by American Heart Association is required
- Must have one (1) or more years of experience with mammography systems and QC/QA programs
- Must be current in continuing education credit requirements as per MQSA and ACR guidelines
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.