Information Mailroom Recept
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The goal of this position is to provide excellent service to all patients and or visitors by actively greeting and welcoming everyone who presents in person or on the telephone via the main lobby of Raritan Bay Medical Center (RBMC). This position must be able to communicate and interact with all levels of personnel and general public. i.e., patients, vendors, visitors and guests etc. This positions is responsible for the expedient and customer service oriented flow throughout the hospital by directing visitors to the appropriate person or service, answering and forwarding telephone calls, taking messages, activating the patient arrival process and performing other clerical duties as assigned.
- Actively welcomes patients and visitors in a friendly, prompt and professional manner and responsible for assisting all visitors to the organization.
- Responsible for handling inquiries on patients or appointments either in person or by phone by providing information and clear directions by utilizing the hospital ADT system and the hospital wide central scheduling system.
- Responsible for following the RBMC direct admissions policy.
- Participates, maintains and follows the RBMC HIPAA policy and procedures for patient privacy including the password protection for the hospital directory.
- Responsible for answering the physician inquiry phone line and assisting physician in locating patients.
- Activates patient records as required through the activation process utilizing the hospital wide scheduling system and ADT system.
- Responsible for screening phone inquiries in accordance with RBMC’s policy before transferring calls
- Responsible for maintaining the Vendor log Book and following the established policy and procedure
- Works with other internal departments to assure patient and visitor needs are met i.e.: transport , patient relations etc
- Assists with inquiries on the phone service and gives directions as needed, readdresses patient’s mail upon discharge for forwarding and assists floral deliveries.
- Responsible for issuing and maintains RBMC outside contact badge identification policy
- Sorts incoming mail and distributes into interdepartmental mail slots
- Sorts all physician mail and distributes also responsible for contacting physician office if mail has not been picked up.
PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
This position is intricate to the patient flow of the hospital and will participate in the development and implementation of processes as needed. These positions also assist in providing general information as inquired. This position also is responsible for maintaining an awareness of the main lobby and its needs.
Establish the premise that the job‘s essential duties list is not all inclusive, and other functions may be added dependent upon certain situations. Include expectations such as committee membership, required education/classes, and preceptorship as appropriate.
1. Essential Duties of a Position: The essential duties of a position are defined by ADA as job duties that are so fundamental to the position that the individual cannot do the job without being able to perform them. A function is considered to be essential if the performance of this function is the reason the job exists, there are a limited number of other employees who could perform the function, or if the function is specialized and the incumbent is hired on the basis of his or her skill/ability to perform the function.
2. Employer’s Judgment: ADA gives consideration to the employer’s judgment as to what functions of a position are essential. A written job description is considered evidence of the essential duties of the position and should be developed before advertising or interviewing applicants for the position.
3. Reasonable Accommodation: ADA requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment unless this would cause an undue hardship. The employee still has his or her responsibility to be able to perform the essential duties of the position. “Undue Hardship” means significant difficulty or expertise would be incurred and focuses on the resources and overall circumstances of the employer in terms of the cost or difficulty in providing a specific accommodation.
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Attends and demonstrates compliance with required programs for Fire/Life Safety and Electrical Safety; Corporate Compliance; COBRA/EMTALA; Standard and Transmission Precautions; OSHA/HCS/TB and Bloodborne Pathogens; Emergency Preparedness, Advance Directives and other department specific programs as documented on the Position Competency Record (departmental Red Book).
2. Demonstrates compliance with all elements of RBMC Corporate Compliance Program and Confidentiality Agreement.
This job requires frequently standing up behind a desk and detailed repetitive front office work .This positions requires computer and or other office equipment for long periods of time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
High School or equivalent education or experience. Bi – Lingual preferred. Experience must include customer service relations , typing and computer skills.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.