Central Service Tech Iv ( Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Technician position requires certification by either IAHCSMM or CBSPD. The requirements for this position are to collect, clean, process and sterilize instruments and equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions. The Technician monitors and tests the washers and sterilizers. The Technician is required to keep up their certification as required by the State Department of Health and Senior Services.
A Day in the Life of a Central Service Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Collect and record soiled equipment from throughout the medical center.
2. Hand wash and or machine wash according to manufacturers instructions all instruments/equipment.
3. Check and assemble all instrument trays/equipment according to count sheets.
4. Record, label and sterilize all instruments according manufacturers instructions and AAMI regulations.
5. Monitor all washers and sterilizers and report any malfunctions to supervisor/manager.
6. Deliver all sterilized equipment, syringe and needles, and ordered equipment to the using units.
7. Inventory control in Sterile Processing, Surgical Suites, ECU, LDRP, Nursing Units, and Ancillary Depts.
8. Assist in the training of new employees
9. Must be available to work all shifts in both PAD and OBD.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a Certified Central Service Technician. The Technician position requires certification by either IAHCSMM or CBSPD
- Must speak, read, and write English
- Must be able to walk, lift, & stand most of the day, pulling and pushing, heavy carts
- Potential exposure to infectious materials and hazardous substances.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.