Central Service Supervisor ( Full Time)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Responsible for the 24 hour operation of the Sterile Processing Department. Exhibits efficiency, flexibility and creativity to manage resources to changing patient, unit and heath care needs. Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration to order to affect positive patient outcomes. Supports patient safety initiatives and participates in leadership committees. Supports SPD staff with continuing education.
A day in the life of a Central Serivce Supervisor at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Coordinates all aspects of Sterile Processing with administrative support
- Deals on a one to one basis with nursing units and ancillary departments to identify and solves issues, develops necessary policies and programs in both locations
- Assures adequate staffing
- Conducts meetings, schedules and attends both in house and outside in-services to keep up with current trends in the health care field and maintain their certification
- Performs the evaluation process on staff members with the help of their supervisor
- Regularly attends management meetings, and volunteers to serve on committees
- Participates with the hiring, transfers, promotions, discipline or termination of SPD staff.
- Assures that all SPD staff are licensed and certified according to SDHO and OSHA standards
- Performs all duties necessary to provide SPD customers and staff with what is needed to perform their jobs to provide the care needed for our patients
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent required
- Must be a certified Sterile Processing Tech under IAHCSMM or CBSPD
- Certification in healthcare leadership (CHL) through IAHCSMM or Certified in Sterile Processing Management (CSPM) through CBSPD is required
- Member SPD Professional Organization
- Five Years in Healthcare Central Service or Related Field, with at least two years in supervisory capacity
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.