Cardiac Monitor Technician - Med/Surg/Telemetry - P/T with benefits - Nights
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of an Cardiac Monitor Technician at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Measuring and interpreting patient’s heart rhythm and documents on patient record per departmental standards. Uses clear and complete communication with unit personnel when delivering information about changes in patient rhythm
- Initiating and discontinuing monitoring equipment on admission, transfer, or discharge. Performs configuration as necessary.
- Performing clerical duties related to admission, discharge, and documentation of patient information from Central Telemetry. Answering telephone and communicating clearly when receiving information from units or providers.
- Serving as a resource for training and troubleshooting to both Central Telemetry and clinical areas. Troubleshooting monitors with nursing staff and contacts Clinical Engineering as appropriate.
- Maintaining and stocking all designated equipment, including telemetry, and transport monitors.
- Developing a rapport and cooperative relationship with nursing and other members of the multidisciplinary care team.
- Adhering to confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patients, clinicians, employees, and visitors.
- High School Diploma Or Equivalent Diploma Required
- Successful completion of the Heart Monitor Tech Course/cardiac rhythm at any hospital
- Successful passing score on HUMC monitor technician arrhythmia exam
- Computer, order entry, basic Microsoft office, and excellent communication skills required. Must enjoy working with patients and families.
- Must be flexible and able to rapidly adjust to changes
- Ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times to emergent and non-emergent requests
- Nursing Patient Care Asst or Unit Secretary work experiences in department-Hospital Setting is strongly desired
- Current & Active Monitor Tech work experience strongly desired
- Basic Life Support (BLS)/Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for HealthCare Providers strongly preferred
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology of the heart is strongly preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.