How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The primary role of the Practice Manager is to manage practice operations,and business functions including, but not limited to, scheduling,registration, billing, collection, patient and team member satisfaction,and purchasing. Supervises clinicaland clerical team members and serves as liaison between the practice and administration.
A day in the life of a Practice Manager at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- The primary role of the Practice Manager is to manage practice operations,and business functions including, but not limited to, scheduling,registration, billing, collection, patient and team member satisfaction,and purchasing.
- Supervises clinical and clerical team members and serves as liaison between the practice and administration.
- We take pride in providing excellent customer service
- To help promote high levels of service, all team members greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. At each patient encounter, team members respond promptly to patients needs and listen with empathy both in person and on the telephone.
- As a leader, the supervisor must lead by example. Works with Practice Administrator to develop and implement goals and objectives. Oversees office operations and ensures functions are being completed accurately and timely.
- Acts as a resource in all areas of office operations.
- Responsible for developing and enforcing team member work assignments and maintaining master work schedule.
- Processes payroll. Assists with maintaining accurate personnel records for each team member, and documenting information accurately, completely, and timely.
- Evaluates team member performance, gives guidance, and participates in disciplinary actions.
- Elicits feedback from team members to promote team building. - Promotes a work environment conducive to high levels of team member satisfaction by being responsive to team member concerns or ideas,provides coaching and support, addresses issues in a timely manner, and communicates both informally and formally through scheduled monthly team meetings. Conducts daily huddles
- Responsible for overseeing the billing practices within theoffice, ensuring key functions are completed timely and accurately, and priorities are completed daily.This includes accurate data entry of demographic information,charge and payment posting, and end of day procedures
- Keeps abreast of reimbursement procedures and insurance requirements and regulations and communicatesnecessary information to team members. Runs billing reports regularly including appointment reconciliationreports and visit data.
- Ensures completion of accurate and timely processing of accounts payable information, daily deposits, monitoring physician performance andproductivity and providing necessary feedback to improve efficiencies.
- Timely completes monthly report preparation, including, but not limited to tracking visits, new patient volumes, hospital volumes, surgical volumes, expense variances, OT explanations, and revenueAddresses facility issues through coordination of property work orders and repairs as needed. Follows appropriate protocol for engaging vendors services, seeks required approvals prior to engaging services, and provides timely follow up of invoice processing.
- Associates degree in health or business administration, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in a medical office
- Experience in internal medicine a plus!
- CPR certification
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.