Infection Control Manager - RN
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Infection Control Manager is responsible for the implementation and administration of organization-wide systems for the prevention and control of infections as well as maintaining compliance with accrediting, licensing, and governing agency expectations related to infection prevention and control program. S/he coordinates the Infection Control within the confines of established policies and procedures, including; surveillance, identification, and analysis of problem areas.
1. Determines solutions to problems; implements infection control measures; follow-up to prevent further problems.
2. Provide education to all levels of employees/medical staff in infection control measures.
3. Communicates with Infection Control Director, DON, Senior VP ¿Clinical Services, & Infection Control Medical Director when appropriate seeking approval & advice in situations where warranted or in situations outside personal authority & expertise.
4. Tailors approach to specific audiences and individuals to maximize attentiveness and participation with in-services.
5. Meets with the Director of Nursing and discusses plans and priorities for infection control activities on a weekly basis or as necessary.
6. Assists the Director of Nursing in presentation of reports including but not limited to; Antibiotic Resistance (MRSA, VRE, & TRE) reports, the Critical Care Study, C. difficile reports, Bacteremia reports, T. B. reports and P.I. activities( Needle stick Prevention and Sharps Eval), and Antibiotic Stewardship Program.
7. Assists the Director of Nursing in the collection and analyzing of data for surveillance statistics and identification of trends as necessary.
8. Assess the delivery of Patient care throughout the facility and determines compliance with infection control policies and procedures as in the infection control plan.
9. Serves as consultant to nursing and other departments (such as admitting, dietary, housekeeping, maintenance and rehabilitation departments) on the care of patients at risk or susceptible to infection
10. Ensures nursing staff are familiar with state, federal & local laws & regulations.
11. Ongoing observation for regulatory compliance including mandatory reporting regulations and facility audits.
12. Manages the policies & procedures & in accordance with regulations.
13. Participates in facility surveys (inspections).
14. Reports communicable as well as unusual diseases of epidemiological significance to appropriate local or state departments of health.
15. Assists the Director with review of the environmental aspects of Infection Control in accordance with New Jersey State Department of Health Standards.
16. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
17. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. BSN or be currently enrolled in a BSN Program
2. Minimum of 5 years recent clinical experience
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
2. Infection Preventionist Board Certified.
3. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification or AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.