Environmental Service Aide
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
An Environmental Service Aide maintains assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly, and attractive manner for patient, guest, and employee comfort and convenience. Work to be completed in accordance with established procedures and as directed by supervisor, including the Director of Environmental Services or designee. Follows all facility, state/federal, and OSHA guidelines.
A day in the life of an Environmental Service Aide at Hackensack Meridian Health's Nursing and Rehab facilities include:
- Duties refer to all areas of facility, such as: patient's rooms; living/recreational/common areas; waiting areas; entrance areas; stairwells; elevators; hallways; etc.
- Follow cleaning schedule and instructions from your supervisor in a manner consistent with established housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Clean and polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc.
- Clean, wash, sanitize and polish all bathroom fixtures.
- Clean windows, mirrors, and equipment.
- Follow Compliance policy and procedures.
- Clean carpets, walls, ceilings (including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, disinfecting, spot cleaning, dusting, etc.) as required.
- Dispose of trash/waste into proper containers and re-line receptacles with plastic liners.
- Report all unsafe and hazardous conditions, including defective equipment, to supervisor immediately.
- Report all burned out light fixtures, exit signs, room call lights, etc. to supervisor immediately.
- Ensure that supplies have been replenished in assign work areas, as necessary. Maintains all cleaning equipment and ensures housekeeping carts and closets are stocked and organized.
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes, job training programs, workshops, seminars, etc. as approved.
- Perform terminal cleaning procedures to prepare for new occupancy, as assigned, when a room becomes available.
- Perform cleaning and sanitizing procedures in isolation rooms and areas, as assigned, in accordance with established infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensure work and assignment areas are clean and free of equipment, supplies, etc. as well as free of all hazardous objects (e.g., tools, mop handles, etc.). Stores chemicals properly.
- Ensure all supplies and equipment are properly and safely stored prior to leaving area on breaks or end of shift.
- Floor refinishing and buffing, scrub washrooms.
- Collect, sort and wash soiled linen.
- Provide support to Laundry Services, as assigned, such as loading and unloading machines, folding linen, and deliver product.
- Ensure patient's rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the rights to wage complaints, are followed.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work at heights including ladder and roof.
- Must be able to operate and use all equipment and supplies in a safe and efficient manner consistent with their intended purpose so that equipment, facility property, and/or individuals are not damaged or injured.
- Must use good judgment in the performance or assigned duties and report any conditions that affect workload and/or assigned duties to supervisor.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Computer skills
- Long-term care facility experience
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.