Dietary Aide, Manor By The Sea in Ocean Grove
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Dietary/Food Service Aide performs specific tasks in Food Service Department including assisting in keeping the dining and cooking areas clean, sanitary, and running smoothly.
A day in the life of a Dietary/Food Service Aid at Hackensack Meridian Health Manor by the Sea can be described as:
- Sets up/cleans tray carts and dining room
- Cleans and scrapes dishes in preparation for washing and stores dishes after they are dry
- Cleans kitchen areas such as coffee and juice machines, cupboards, refrigerator, dining room tables
- Dishes out salad and desserts
- Assists in food preparation such as making toast, butter bread and preparing fresh fruit and vegetables
- Completes all assignments in regards to daily food preparation i.e. tray assembly positions according to department procedures
- Prepares and delivers food to resident floors or informs Nursing Services
- Delivers and retrieves resident trays according to departmental procedure
- Receives soiled trays, removes soiled dishes and transports cleaned and dried trays and permanent-ware to proper places
- Prepares heats and delivers late or hold trays. Assists resident with cover, table and food questions
- Follows all sanitation and Infection Control procedures
- Masters dish room assignment
- Readies dishwasher for proper operations by placing all dishes, lids and trays on racks
- Soak dishes, silverware and cups to remove food particles and stains
- Discards chipped dishware
- Masters cleaning and maintenance of disposals and conveyor belt (removes and cleans cord guides)
- Washes hands frequently and prior to returning or starting work. Wears gloves according to policy, removes them, and reapplies them when appropriate
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English and follow oral and written instructions
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.