Scribe/ Certified Medical Asst- Internal Medicine (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Scribe/Certified Medical Assistant provides clinical care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the patients of the practice. Serves as a liaison between the patients and provider. Performs Medical Receptionist and other clerical duties as requested. Scribe responsibilities include: capturing accurate and detailed documentation of the encounter in a timely manner and assisting the provider in navigating the EHR.
A day in the life of a Scribe/Certified Medical Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. Monitors flow in waiting areas and exam rooms, and makes patients and team members aware of delays.
- Performs medical assistant duties in a safe and efficient manner. Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures; draws blood and obtains urine specimens; administers injections as approved for CMAs; provides patient instructions per physicians order; conducts authorized in-office tests.
- Proactively reviews chart in advance of patient intake.
- Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
- Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms.
- Monitors general clinical supply inventory and equipment.
Scribe responsibilities include:
- Core responsibility is to capture accurate and detailed documentation of the encounter in a timely manner. Scribes are not permitted to make independent decisions or translations while capturing or entering information into the health record or EHR beyond what is directed by the provider.
- The general duties of a scribe may vary and can include: Assisting the provider in navigating the EHR Responding to various messages as directed by the provider Locating information for review (i.e., previous notes, reports, test results, and laboratory results)
- Entering information into the EHR as directed by the provider
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Graduate of accredited school of Medical Assisting.
- 2 years experience in a medical office preferred
- National Certified Medical Assistant certificate required
- CPR certification
- Prior scribe experience a plus!
- Experience with EPIC EMR a plus!
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.