Scribe Certified Medical Assistant- Ocean Park Internal Medcine (Physician Practice)
How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Certified Medical Assistant/Scribe provides clinical care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the patients of the practice. The CMA/Scribe is present during the provider¿s performance of a clinical service and documents in the Medical Record as directed by the physician during the course of the service. Cannot perform CMA and scribe duties simultaneously for the same patient. Performs Medical Receptionist and other clerical duties as requested.
A Day in the life of a Certified Medical Assistant/Scribe at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- a. Accompany clinicians into patient rooms and transcribe clinician dictations/notes
- b. Actively listen to all conversations pertaining to patient care between the clinician and other healthcare providers, patients, family, etc. and document relevant information into the EMR
- c. Document clinician and patient encounters into EMR
- d. Seek out missing information from clinicians to complete the physician chart
- e. Gather and input pertinent patient information from external sources (e.g. outpatient lab tests nursing home/EMR records)
- f. Place phone calls to physician offices, pharmacies, etc. as requested by the clinician
- g. Keep clinicians informed of resulting diagnostics and troubleshoot delays in those result
- a. Performs medical assistant duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- b. Prepares patients for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures; draws blood and obtains urine specimens; administers injections as approved for CMAs.
- c. Assists the physician with coordinating patient care in the office, hospital, to referring physicians, and ancillary facilities.
- d. Ensures communication among physician, patient, and outside referral sources is accurate and timely.
- e. Proactively reviews charts in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
- f. Proactively initiates phone calls to ensure patients are provided with all necessary information. Informs patients of test results according to guidelines of the practice and care or follow up instructions.
- g. All information related to patients is clearly and accurately documented in the patient¿s chart, signed and dated.
- h. Responds to calls as per office protocol and HIPAA guidelines.
- I. Exam Room Preparation with materials, equipment, etc.
- a. Greets and assists patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner in all areas.
- b. Promotes patient satisfaction through demonstrated commitment to providing excellent service by interacting in a friendly, helpful manner.
- c. Consistently, accurately and independently prioritizes and completes clinical assignments within office guidelines.
- d. Responding to various messages as directed by the provider
- e. Inventory and Supply Management as needed.
- f. Complies with all state, federal, and HMH regulatory standards.
- g. Contributes to the overall effectiveness of the practice and is a team player who supports coworkers. Performs a broad range of assignments with efficiency and accuracy and in a positive manner.
- h. Other information or instructions as per physician's order.
- I. Other related duties as assigned by Practice Manager and/or physicians. This could include supporting other offices.
- j. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Superb listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 1+ years prior medical office experience
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant or Certified Registered Medical Assistant or National Certified Medical Assistant or Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate or Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Clinical Medical Assistant Specialist
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.