Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Healthwe help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Under the direction of the Director(s) of Student Affairs and Wellbeing, the Transitions Coordinator is responsible for supporting and providing appropriate services to medical students during the various phases of their academic and professional journey. Ensure documentation and compliance with milestones throughout their curriculum as required for graduation. This role communicates regularly with Advising, Registrar and Academic Support within the Office of Student Affairs and Wellbeing.
This is an in- person position.
A cover letter is required for this position. In order to be considered, please attach your cover letter in the "Upload Additional Supporting Documents" section.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or Public Health.
- Minimum of 3 years in administration of a higher education program for students.
- An understanding of, ability to demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, ability, military, religious, sexual orientation and gender identity backgrounds of medical students, faculty and staff.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Masters degree in Education, Student Counseling, College Student Personnel, Psychology, Social Work, Education, Higher Education Administration, or a related field.
- Proficiency in database management and standard Microsoft Office and Google Docs applications.
- Experience in medical education and/or medical residency education.
- 2-year post-graduate and 3+ years full-time work experience in academic or career advising.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.