Technical Support Specialist
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system
The Technical Support Specialist works in the Office of Faculty and will lead the implementation of the web-based database program and in addition perform a variety of administrative tasks. This role will principally support all tasks delegated by the School of MedicineÂ¿s Appointments & Promotions Committee (APC). Following comprehensive training regarding our Digital Measures database program and be responsible for specifying customizations in Digital Measures are necessary to route workflows and generate reports, in addition to maintaining and monitoring permissions and security roles. The Technical Specialist will assist and train faculty and administrative staff to use the Digital Measures platform to its fullest value. In addition, the Technical Specialist will maintain and monitor the permissions and security of additional database tools used by the Office of Faculty, including an in house faculty stipend database and other hospital housed systems.
A day in the life of a Technical Support Specialist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Conduct and/or organize Digital Measures workshops, orientations, and regular training sessions for School of Medicine faculty and staff.
- Implement the setup, customization, and launch of Digital Measures.
- Lead system and reporting testing with pilot groups of faculty and staff
- Drive the Office of Faculty to manage and meet launch timelines
- Troubleshoot login issues, data entry and reporting questions and other elements of the system with faculty and staff, as well as on site and product support staff. 6.Build ad hoc custom reports to pull data from the system
- Publish reports as required by the department. 8.Develop ongoing mockÂ¬up reports for field mapping, oversee the data integrity analysis process, including but not limited to, auditing existing data and reviewing updates by faculty members.
- Provide primary administrative support to the Associate/Assistant Dean and/or Director Office of Faculty, specifically with the Appointments and Promotions Committee (APC) in all job-related tasks.
- Provide administrative support to the Faculty Review and Faculty Appointment process, including information uploading, tool development, and supporting and championing faculty use of Digital Measures.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior
- Associate degree or Vocational or Technical School degree is required
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A basic understanding of data structures, such as database tables and primary keys
- The ability to obtain and manipulate data files for import
- The ability to work productively with groups from across the campus
- The ability to interface with a variety of technical resources across institutions
- The ability to actively and successfully engage stakeholders to work with and optimize the data available to the Office of Faculty
- Strong computer and typing skills required, including expertise with Microsoft suite of software: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and possibly Access Proficient in use of Internet
- Bachelors degree is preferred
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Facility and experience delivering presentations to small and large groups
- Digital Measures database on-boarding program is preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.