Support Services Coordinator
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Support Services Coordinator reports to the Director, Student Affairs and Wellbeing and is responsible for both outreach and response to HMSOM students with needs that may present barriers to their retention and/or graduation and coordinate, manage and follow-up on referrals to HMSOM, HMH Network and community resources. The position aims to increase the wellbeing of medical students to ensure obstacles to professional and academic success are addressed and students are supported. The Support Services Coordinator oversees initiatives to combat food and housing insecurity as well as social isolation, and facilitates access for students and their families to mental and physical health services. This position also oversees the HMSOM Peer Mentoring Program and collaborates with all services offered through the HMSOM including Student Accessibility Services, Student Health Services and the Student Assistance Program
A cover letter is required for this position. In order to be considered, please attach your cover letter in the "Upload Additional Supporting Documents" section.
This is an in-person position at our Nutley campus.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, Counseling, Social Work or other related areas.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in college counseling, advising or case management services or equivalent.
- Evidence of knowledge of best practices in college student non-clinical case management
- Evidence of understanding of FERPA, HIPAA, Title IX, Clery Act
- Evidence of leadership, interpersonal communication, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with campus stakeholders about coordinated strategies for students of concern.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 5+ years of counseling experience
- Experience in a medical school setting and understanding medical school operations.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.