Supervisor, CDI Lab
The Supervisor, CDI Lab will function under the supervision of an Associate Member or Member of the Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI). This role will be responsible for maintaining the daily operational functions of the laboratory and in conducting experiments. This role will supervise and coordinate activities related to research and development.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a Supervisor, CDI Lab at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in performing research and physical analyses/tests required for research and development.
- Maintains the daily operational laboratory functions, including ordering supplies and equipment, managing/tracking inventory of reagents and plasticware. Corrects any improper storage and disposal of chemicals and waste that would be violations of the established codes.
- Designs and performs experiments independently, within an assigned project.
- Knowledgeable of all laboratory protocols and procedures, leads and directs new students and lab personnel.
- Serves as the senior technical lab member, trains and supervises lab personnel in computer analysis of data, assists in trouble shooting data collection and analysis of experimental results.
- Prepares and maintains electronic strain database and summary reports using necessary software available in the laboratory.
- Maintains instruments, equipment, freezers and strain collections necessary for the execution of the laboratory experimental work.
- Compiles, analyzes and interprets data and research results.
- Performs other position-related duties as requested.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Hold a Ph.D. Degree in a relevant science with a minimum of four years as a Postdoctoral research fellow, or a Master's Degree in a relevant science with a minimum of five years of related research experience.
- Minimum publication or in preparation of two articles as first author in high quality peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Experience conducting and designing research projects.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
- Ability to develop and mentor others.
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.