Student Intern, Office of Medical Education
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Duration of internship: Summer 2020 (10 weeks)
Location: Hackensack Meridian Health School of Medicine in Nutley, NJ
The intern will be working with the Office of Medical education on a number of projects during the summer including:
- New Student Orientation
- Matriculation procedures and clearance for existing students
- Standardized Patient Payroll
- Clinical skills session support (2x per week)
- White Coat ceremony logistics
- New Student Matriculation
- Creation of new courses in LEO (our learning management system)
- Other ad-hoc projects as deemed necessary by the Director, OME
- Current student majoring in Healthcare Administration, Education, or Public Health
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, email and internet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service, organization, problem solving, time and task management skills
- Must be a team player, willing and able to work with a variety of colleagues
- Ability to work with faculty, students and other administrators at both Seton Hall University and HMH
- Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this internship will be filled as soon as possible. Please submit your application to this position no later than March 31, 2020. You will be provided with an update within two weeks after that date.
This is a non-paid internship. This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.