Student Financial Systems Coor
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
The Student Financial Services Systems Coordinator reports to the Director of Student Financial Services and is responsible for providing guidance and counseling to current and prospective students on all related financial aid programs, eligibility criteria, application procedures, costs, student accounts, indebtedness and financial planning at the Hackensack Meridian School Of Medicine (SOM) at Seton Hall University. The Student Financial Services Systems Coordinator oversees related communication with students and parents and cultivates relationships with both internal and external members of the university community.
A day in the life of a Student Financial Systems Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Counsel and advise continuing and prospective students on financing their education at the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University
- Counsel students about financial aid process, requirements for eligibility, rights and responsibilities and assists students with general student service inquiries.
- Notify students of missing information or documents.
- Provide quality customer service to all customers, colleagues, students, and faculty
- Receive and process student account monies with professionalism and integrity
- Post and reconcile ACH, credit card payments, wires, external scholarships and third-party payments
- Process student account statements. 8.Post scholarship transactions to student accounts and monitor funding
- Process refund report and direct deposit for student refunds.
- Set-up and maintain the student account system by setting up billing tables annually as well as refunds, account adjustments and tax forms. Maintain charge/refund and misc. charge tables in Peoplesoft as it relates to university departments (i.e. student group payments, bookstore, etc). Maintain knowledge of legal collection guidelines and student privacy act.
- Review accounts for collections to collection company as needed.
- Process 1098-T IRS forms each year and ensure filing with the federal government as required within proper timeframes.
- Review student eligibility for financial aid programs (federal, state and private).
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and university financial aid regulations and policies.
- Perform Title IV return, Title IV calculations, private loan reconciliation, Direct Loan Reconciliation according to federal regulations
- Administer the health insurance and waiver process.
- Review, update and input information in PeopleSoft and internal system databases as well as external sites including but not limited to COD, CPS, NSLDS.
- Assist with developing and maintaining documents for student financial services process as well as a financial services Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Update and maintain student financial services website.
- Work with auditors, finance or other teams as required for reconciliation and audit information.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Working knowledge of federal Title IV and NJ State financial aid regulations.
- Working knowledge of automated data base systems (preferably Banner or PeopleSoft)
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills
- Student information experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Able to provide excellent customer service to students, their families and staff.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse population.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Masters degree is preferred
- 3 years of financial aid, student accounts and/or related experience is preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is an asset but not required
- Knowledge of practices and resources is preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.