Sr. Research Technician - Immunology
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Designs and performs experiments, independently, within an assigned project.
- Performs data collection and analysis of experimental results.
- Assists in managing general laboratory functions.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center’s Organizational Competencies
A day in the life of a Senior Research Technician, Immunology includes:
Under primary supervision of the Manager, Immunology Research Lab and Mgr, Member of the Biomedical Research Department, the Senior Research Technician, Immunology is responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of experimental work related to:
- Cell culture involving cell lines and primary murine immune cells.
- Handling experimental mice, genotyping, infection or immunization.
- Gene expression analysis using PCR method, including TaqMan assays.
- Protein expression analysis using Western blotting, ELISA, flow cytometry and other related technologies.
- Isolation of cell (sub) populations using magnetic bead-based methods and/or cell sorting.
- Learning about and sharing with the members of the laboratory the latest advances in the methods listed above.
- Training of new personnel and investigators working in the laboratory related to methods listed above.
- Appropriate use of equipment necessary to perform these studies, purchase of supplies and reagents necessary for these studies.
- Coordination of collection, processing and analyses of samples necessary for these studies.
- Coordination of biologic as well as histological cytological material storage related to the particular projects.
- Maintains detailed protocols and records of data related to executed laboratory work.
- Organizing and maintaining the lab space.
- Communicating issues to the Associate Scientist, Laboratory Manager, or Department Chair.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Individual must be able to work independently and have strong work ethic.
- Required technical skills include: mouse handling, tail vein injection, immunological based assays including immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence and flow cytometry.
- Required computer (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and organizational skills.
- Must be flexible in work schedule. Must be available to occasionally come to the laboratory on a weekend day for a few hours or stay late in evenings for a given experiment.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in immunology.
- Previous experience in molecular biology-based assays also highly desirable.
- Opportunity to become an integral member of a small productive leading edge research team.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.