Senior Research Technician Multiple Myeloma
The Senior Research Technician, Multiple Myeloma will function under the supervision of a Manager, Associate Member of the Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI). This role will be responsible for assisting in the daily function of the laboratory and in conducting experiments. The laboratory investigates biomarkers associated with clinical outcomes and drug resistance in multiple myeloma, a hematological malignancy. This role will play an active role in all of these efforts, with the opportunity to become an integral member of a productive leading edge research team.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a Senior Research Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Independently designs and performs experiments, within an assigned project and reviews progress, evaluates results, and develops conclusions.
- Contributes to determining feasibility of goals and objectives.
- Assures quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness of assigned projects.
- Participates in formulating research methods and suggesting options for improving quality and recommending solutions.
- Identifies problems and related technical issues and makes recommendations leading to long-term solutions.
- Performs data collection, screening and verifying data.
- Analyzes experimental results and interprets and implements research methodology based on outcome of analyses.
- Manages specialized research laboratory functions.
- Collaborates with other departments to answer questions or provides advice on research projects and experiments.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in immunology or other relevant area of study.
- Minimum 4 or more years of experience.
- Meticulous record keeping to ensure integrity of the data.
- Must be able to work independently and have a strong work ethic.
- Required technical skills include: RNA and DNA extraction, tissue culture, and flow cytometry techniques.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms .
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be flexible in work schedule. Must be available to occasionally come to the laboratory on a weekend day for a few hours or stay late in evenings for a given experiment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree.
- Previous experience in immunology.
- Experience working with flow cytometry and standard molecular biology techniques.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.