Senior Research Technician, Hematopoiesis
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of Senior Research Technician, Hematopoiesis at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Cell culture involving cell lines as well as primary human endothelial and cord blood cells (cell propagation and differentiation assays).
- Morphologic analysis of tissues and cells using state-of-the-art immunohistochemical and immunofluorescence imaging technologies
- Gene expression analysis using PCR method, including TaqMan assays.
- Protein expression analysis using Western blotting, ELISA, flow cytometry and other related technologies.
- Isolation of cell (sub) populations using magnetic bead-based methods.
- Learning about and sharing with the members of the laboratory the latest advances in the methods listed above.
- Training of new personnel and investigators working in the laboratory related to methods listed above.
- Appropriate use of equipment necessary to perform these studies, purchase of supplies and reagents necessary for these studies.
- Coordination of collection, processing and analyses of samples necessary for these studies.
- Coordination of biologic as well as histological cytological material storage related to the particular projects.
- Maintains detailed protocols and records of data related to executed laboratory work.
- Organizing and maintaining the lab space.
- Communicating issues to the Associate Scientist, Laboratory Manager, or Department Chair.
- Designs and performs experiments, independently, within an assigned project.
- Performs data collection and analysis of experimental results.
- Assists in managing general laboratory functions.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Individual must be able to work independently and have strong work ethic.
- Required technical skills include: animal surgery including tail vein injections, management of surgical pain and distress, immunological based assays including immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence and flow cytometry.
- Required computer (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and organizational skills.
- Must be flexible in work schedule.
- Must be available to occasionally come to the laboratory on a weekend day for a few hours or stay late in evenings for a given experiment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in immunology.
- Previous experience in molecular biology-based assays.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.