Senior Research Technician, Cancer Epigenetics
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), located 8 miles outside New York City, was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts including 22 National Institutes of Health (NIH) prime grants, as well as grants from the Gates Foundation, Department of Defense (DoD), Pharma and Biotech. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
The Senior Research Technician, Cancer Epigenetics will function under the supervision of a Manager, Assistant, Manager, Associate Member, or Director, Member Scientist within Hackensack Meridian Health's Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI). The employee will be responsible for assisting in the daily function of the laboratory and in conducting experiments. The laboratory has a longstanding research program focusing on cancer epigenome reprogramming for the therapeutic targets and epi-drugs discovery. Our research takes a comprehensive approach combining murine model, cell biology, biochemistry, chemical genetics, and epigenome-wide association study to uncover underlying epigenetic targets. Opportunity to become an integral member of a productive leading edge cancer research team.
A day in the life of a Senior Research Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Independently designs and performs experiments, within an assigned project and reviews progress, evaluates results, and develops conclusions.
- Contributes to determining feasibility of goals and objectives.
- Assures quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness of assigned projects.
- Participates in formulating research methods and suggesting options for improving quality and recommending solutions.
- Identifies problems and related technical issues and makes recommendations leading to long-term solutions.
- Performs data collection, screening and verifying data.
- Analyzes experimental results and interprets and implements research methodology based on outcome of analyses.
- Manages specialized research laboratory functions.
- Collaborates with other departments to answer questions or provides advice on research projects and experiments.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in research.
- Meticulous record keeping to ensure the integrity of the data.
- Individual must be able to work independently and have strong work ethic.
- Required computer (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and organizational skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with small animal handling.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.