Senior Research Technician, Cancer Epigenetic
The Sr Research Tech, Cancer Epigenetics will function under the supervision of an Assistant, Associate, or Member Scientist within Hackensack Meridian Health’s Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI). The employee will be responsible for assisting in the daily function of the laboratory and in conducting experiments. The laboratory has a longstanding research program focusing on cancer epigenome reprogramming for the therapeutic targets and epi-drugs discovery. Our research takes a comprehensive approach combining murine model, cell biology, biochemistry, chemical genetics, and epigenome-wide association study to uncover underlying epigenetic targets. Opportunity to become an integral member of a productive leading edge cancer research team.
- Independently designs and performs complex experiments within an assigned project and reviews progress, evaluates results, and develops conclusions.
- Contributes to determining feasibility of goals and objectives.
- Assures quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness of assigned projects.
- Participates in formulating research methods and suggesting options for improving quality and recommending solutions.
- Identifies problems and related technical issues and makes recommendations leading to long-term solutions.
- Performs data collection, screening, and verifying data.
- Analyzes experimental results and interprets and implements research methodology based on outcome of analyses.
- Manages specialized research laboratory functions.
- Collaborates with other departments to answer questions or provides advice on research projects and experiments.
- Purchase supplies and reagents necessary for all studies, maintaining adequate stocks of all the supplies and reagents.
- Maintain detailed protocols and records of data related to executed laboratory work, organizing and maintaining the lab space, and communicating issues to the Associate Scientist, Postdoctoral Fellows, or Department Administrative Assistant.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center’s Organizational Competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in research.
- Meticulous record keeping to ensure the integrity of the data.
- Individual must be able to work independently and have strong work ethic.
- Required computer (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and organizational skills.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.