Senior Research Technician, Biomedical Research
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Senior Research Technician, Biomedical Research will function under the supervision of a Mgr, Associate Member of the Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI). The employee will be responsible for assisting in the daily function of the laboratory and in conducting experiments. The laboratory investigates molecular markers for risk of development of breast, prostate, and lung cancers. The employee will play an active role in all of these efforts, with the opportunity to become an integral member of a productive leading edge research team.
A day in the life of a Senior Research Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Independently designs and performs experiments, within an assigned project and reviews progress, evaluates results, and develops conclusions.
- Contributes to determining feasibility of goals and objectives.
- Assures quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness of assigned projects.
- Participates in formulating research methods and suggesting options for improving quality and recommending solutions.
- Identifies problems and related technical issues and makes recommendations leading to long-term solutions.
- Performs data collection, screening and verifying data.
- Analyzes experimental results and interprets and implements research methodology based on outcome of analyses.
- Manages specialized research laboratory functions.
- Collaborates with other departments to answer questions or provides advice on research projects and experiments.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in molecular biology or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Meticulous record keeping to ensure integrity of the data acquisition.
- Individual must be able to work independently and have strong work ethic.
- Required technical skills include: RNA and DNA extraction, tissue culture, experience with PCR and qPCR, microarray experience, and common molecular biology techniques.
- Required computer (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be flexible in work schedule. Must be available to occasionally come to the laboratory on a weekend day for a few hours or stay late in evenings for a given experiment.
- Technical skills should include ability to use at least two of these technologies: PCR/qPCR analysis, next-generation sequencing, exosome isolation, protein purification, Tissue culture.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree.
- Previous experience in cancer cell biology also highly desirable.
- Experience working with animals and with collection of blood specimens.
- Experience working with antibodies and performing immuno-purifications.
- Experience with a microtome and archived FFPE tissues.
- Preferred technical skills will also include next-generation sequencing, experience working with exosomes, protein purification, and experience working with antibodies.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.