Sr. Research Assoc. ID TB
The Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) is offering a Senior Research Associate, Infectious Disease position in the field of infectious diseases in the laboratory of Dr. Thomas Dick. The Dick lab is interested in drug discovery against mycobacterial lung disease, mechanisms of drug resistance, and studies of drug action The research program incorporates preclinical research and is aimed towards clinical translation of its most promising discoveries. The successful Senior Research Associate, Infectious Disease candidate will conduct drug discovery research under the supervision of a full-time Associate Member.
1. Conducts research and/or laboratory tasks and experiments.
2. Collects, analyzes, and interprets data.
3. Creates reports from analysis of initial observations and conclusions.
4. Recommends changes to experimental protocols, design, and documentation.
5. Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
6. Lead, drives and manages projects, including communication with collaborators.
7. Supports grant reporting and writing. 8. Publish results in reputable peer-reviewed journals.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Hold a M.D. or Ph.D. degree from an accredited medial school or graduate level institution.
2. Minimum of four years of post-doctoral research experience or other applicable research experience in a qualified laboratory in academia or industry.
3. Minimum of two peer-reviewed publications from prior work experience.
4. Experience conducting and designing research projects.
5. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Organized with attention to detail; strong written and verbal communication skills.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.