Senior Faculty Development Trainer, School of Medicine
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Senior Faculty Development Trainer, reporting to the Assistant Dean of Student, Resident and Faculty Development, will provide outreach and training for faculty in various aspects of teaching. This role will assist the Assistant Dean in an administrative role and on a variety of special projects and outreach opportunities. This will include the roll-out of major sponsored projects initiatives through various communication channels and will create and maintain content on the website. This position will collaborate with other offices on promoting proposal development tools and training, provide training in a virtual setting, and travel to off-site locations, which is a key part of the individualized training and development program along with large workshops and webinars.
A day in the life of a Senior Faculty Development Trainer at Hackensack Meridian Health School of Medicine can be described as follows:
- Evaluate and supervise the faculty development trainers both in development of materials and implementation.
- Collaborate with other offices on promoting proposal development tools and training.
- Oversee and assist with advancement of the faculty development team.
- Schedule and conducts training (in-person and online) for site evaluation and training and development for faculty and residents.
- Develop and maintain materials and job aids to implement faculty development programs with oversight of all program logistics including scheduling, reserve space, arranging AV services, ordering food and supplies and coordinating registration for programs.
- Asses faculty needs for training development and guidance.
- Coordinate in the creation of the Interprofessional Educational Program (IPE).
- Oversee the upkeep of the faculty development web tools and presence (flyers, digital communication, and webinar maintenance).
- Lead the roll-out of major sponsored projects and initiatives through various communication channels and create and maintain content on the website.
- Provide training in a virtual setting, and travel to off-site locations will be a key part of the individualized training and development program along with large workshops and webinars.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Bachelor's degree in Higher Education or related field is required
- Master's Degree is preferred
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
- Full-time faculty development experience in a medical school or academic medical center/hospital setting is preferred
- Experience working in an inter-professional educational (IPE) setting is preferred
- Experience in training and development in an ambulatory or inpatient clinical setting for learners at different levels is preferred
- Faculty development experience in programs that cut across medical education in UGME, GME and CME, as well as a wide range of academic medical fields is preferred
- Experience in VR platforms is preferred
- Must have experience with managing databases and in website content management
- Must have experience teaching in small group settings and public speaking in large group settings
- Must have demonstrated leadership in assessment, design and development of training and development programs
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills (e.g., with students, faculty, etc.) with the ability to develop trusting mentoring relationships
- Must have well-developed ability to provide feedback, both formative and summative, for all level of learners
- Must have the ability to utilize technology for webinars, You-Tube, Audience Response etc.
- Must have the ability to help develop course faculty development guides
- Must be able to articulate, stay organized, possess the ability to exercise good judgment, multi-task, and work independently
- Must have demonstrated excellent writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Must have Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and proficiency of current software including Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.