All Security Officers will assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of Students, Team Members, visitors and IHSC Campus property. These responsibilities includes but not limited to patrols, access control, and assignment of dispatcher post. Officers will maintain all calls, codes, and facilitating entries into the dispatching system. These responsibilities include continuous surveillance, reporting and documenting all incidents and remaining sensitive to the need for delivery of quality guest services and assistance to all persons present at the IHSC Campus.
1. Provides information and assistance in a courteous, professional manner. Ability to multitask and manage time accordingly. 2. Completes radio checks, provides, and facilitates all questions or concerns accordingly to the Senior Officer or Manager on duty. 3. Ability to handle computer programs hosted in the dispatch center including but not limited to Student/ Team Member ID badges, pay station and credit card transaction machine, fire system, and electronic parking management system. 4. Obtain information pertaining to incidents on campus and generate an incident report. 5. Responds to calls. Makes continuous patrols throughout the IHSC Campus to observe and take corrective action regarding violations and detrimental conditions related to security and safety. 6. Controls visitor, student and team member access, check visitorÂ¿s passes and identification. Expedites and ensures safe flow of traffic through the IHSC lots. 7. Provides escorts to Students and Team Members vehicles as requested within jurisdiction. 8. Reports for duty in clean and complete Medical Center issued uniform, including photo identification badge. 9. Completes and submits a daily activity log at completion of tour of duty. 10. Maintains all departmental security equipment in good operating condition and reports all damage immediately to supervisor. 11. Always keeps Senior Officer informed of all matters pertinent to safety and security conditions. 12. Abides by all HMH IHSC Code of Conduct regulations and departmental procedures and policies including parking regulations. 13. Will complete all in-service training, lectures and programs as assigned. 14. Attend all mandatory meetings (departmental or special). 15. Must be able to stand and walk for long period of time, minimum of 8hrs a day. Lift a minimum of 100 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 100 lbs. Ability to handle disorderly and/or abusive persons. 16. Subject to all weather conditions; will be required to work in all areas of the IHSC Campus, including parking lots, grounds and outer buildings as requested. 17. Will be required to perform duties as assigned by Management and required to carry out emergency duties when necessary.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Must be able to read and write English.
2. Must be High School Graduate.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Previous experience as Security Officer, Law Enforcement experience or driver desired.
2. Previous dispatching experience desired. 3. At least two years of College credits preferred.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Possession of a valid driver's license.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.