Security Officer, IHSC
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
All Security Officers will assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of patients, team members, physicians, visitors and Medical Center property. These responsibilities include but are not limited to continuous surveillance, reporting and documenting all incidents and remaining sensitive to the need for delivery of quality guest services and assistance to all persons visiting the Medical Center.
This role is part time, every weekend and 4 of 6 holidays, for any shift based on operational need.
1. Makes continuous patrols throughout the Medical Center to observe and take corrective action regarding violations and detrimental conditions related to security and safety of patients, visitors, team members and property either on foot or in a vehicle. Security Team Members act as visible deterrence to crime and prohibited activities.
2. Responds to calls for security assistance by any person within the Medical Center and takes proper action including responding quickly and effectively to emergent and non-emergent situations including all Codes in a timely manner.
3. Security Officers provide continuous coverage of the Medical Center, controlling access to the area and assisting patients and visitors as necessary. Challenges unauthorized persons in a professional and courteous manner, issues appropriate passes, and enforces policies and procedures of the Medical Center.
4. Maintains and controls access to all facilities owned or operated, leased or owned by Hackensack Meridian Health.
5. Expedites and ensures safe flow of traffic through the Medical Center parking lots while enforcing parking regulations.
6. Conducts preliminary and/or detailed investigations of all unusual occurrences falling under the realm of security matters including but not limited to interviews witnesses, obtaining signatures and collects accurate information.
7. Provides escorts to team members and visitor vehicles as requested within jurisdiction.
8. Reports for duty in clean and complete Medical Center issued uniform, including photo identification badge and security officer breast badge.
9. Makes continuous inspections of outer buildings, grounds, and parking lots
10. Inspects all packages leaving the Medical Center when necessary and according to policy.
11. Prepares and submits computerized security incident reports before end of shift.
12. Completes and submits a daily activity log at completion of tour of duty.
13. Maintains all departmental security equipment in good operating condition and reports all damage immediately to Security Leader.
14. Always keeps Security Leaders informed of all matters pertinent to safety and security conditions.
15. Has knowledge of and abides by all Medical Center Code of Conduct regulations and departmental procedures and policies including parking regulations.
16. Completes all in-service training, lectures and programs as assigned.
17. Completes all other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Assist nurses and physicians with restraints and other duties as necessary for patient care.
18. Attend all mandatory meetings (departmental or special).
19. Will be required to perform duties as assigned by Management and required to carry out emergency duties when necessary.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Must be a high school graduate or GED.
2. Must be able to read and write English.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Minimum of two years of college credits.
2. Previous experience as Security Officer or Law Enforcement experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
2. There will be bi-yearly background checks for the following: a. Full scale State, County, Federal, and License Check will be conducted every other year.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.