Science, Skills, & Reasoning Course Coordinator
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
The Science, Skills, and Reasoning (SSR) Course Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the SSR course. This includes coordinating teaching needs with faculty, managing the Learning Management System (LMS), preparing electronic resources identified by faculty for students, record keeping and filing, staff assignments, coverage, and scheduling. This position coordinates special projects as assigned by the appropriate departmental supervisor, manager or director.
This position requires a flexible schedule to work early mornings and/or evenings occasionally based on the needs of the department.
A day in the life of an SSR Course Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Manages all needs related to SSR Courses, including communication with faculty and distribution of course materials to students.
- Oversees the School of Medicine's Learning and Curricular Management systems for all SSR courses.
- Oversees the implementation, adherence, monitoring, and continuous improvement of all policies and procedures related to SSR courses, including those regarding safety and operations.
- Manage and maintain reports and records for course directors, SOM leadership, and curricular committees.
- Manage the data entry and update process for various electronic data systems used in all SSR courses.
- Contribute on a regular basis with the other coordinators as well as SOM leadership to address common needs and share best practices.
- Represent course management on curriculum, operations, and other committees, participating in the SOM's Curriculum Management Plan, and participation in accreditation-related activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Public Health, Healthcare Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in relevant area(s) including operations, team management, goal setting and monitoring, and/or curriculum.
- Use of technology, including productivity software, database management, audiovisual hardware.
- Excellent communication, administration, and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and planning, team-building, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with database management software and creating reports.
- Experience working in a higher education or medical education environment, ideally in a School of Medicine is preferred
- Development of new programs is preferred
- Familiarity with learning management and student assessment systems is preferred
- Use of curriculum and learning management systems is preferred
- Demonstrated flexibility in establishing new programs from the ground up or other endeavor requiring adaptability is preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.