Rsrch Tech, Biomedical Rsrch
The Research Tech, Biomedical Research will function under the supervision of an Associate or Senior Scientist. The employee will be responsible for assisting the Sr Research Technician, Biomedical Research in the daily function of the laboratory and in conducting experiments. The laboratory investigates molecular markers of risk of subsequent invasive breast cancer in women with ductal carcinoma and in patients with other types of malignancies. The employee will play an active role in all of these efforts by assisting the Sr Research Technician via handling and processing of clinical samples for various molecular analyses.
1. Performs general laboratory functions.
2. Assists the Senior Research Technician in designing and performing experiments, within an assigned project
3. Performs data collection and analysis of experimental results.
4. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent training.
2. Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
3. Individual must be able to work independently and have strong work ethic.
4. Required technical skills include: RNA and DNA extraction, tissue culture, experience with PCR and qPCR, microarray experience, and common molecular biology techniques.
5. Required computer (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and organizational skills.
6. Must be flexible in work schedule.
7. Technical skills should include ability to use at least two of these technologies: PCR/qPCR analysis, next-generation sequencing, exosome isolation, protein purification, Tissue culture.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Master's degree.
2. Previous experience in cancer cell biology also highly desirable.
3. Experience working with animals and with collection of blood specimens.
4. Experience working with antibodies and performing immuno-purifications.
5. Opportunity to become an integral member of a small productive leading edge research team.
6. Experience with a microtome and archived FFPE tissues.
7. Preferred technical skills will also include next-generation sequencing, experience working with exosomes, protein purification, and experience working with antibodies.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.