Research Technician, Immunology
The Desai lab is recruiting a Research Tech, Immunology, who will work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and/or Sr. Research Associate to provide a detailed understanding of immune response against mucosal fungi at the healthy and cancerous gastrointestinal and pulmonary tracts. A Research technician will be responsible for assisting in the laboratory's daily function and conducting experiments. Specific duties may include helping the scientists in the lab with mouse colony management, genotyping, assessing and maintaining laboratory supplies, assisting in murine/human immunology experiments, data analyses, communicating findings, and other research-related functions as assigned by the scientist.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a Research Tech, Immunology at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs general laboratory functions including but not limited to equipment maintenance and restocking.
- Assists in designing and performing experiments and data analysis.
- Maintains accurate notes and records of all research performed.
- Performs data collection and interpretation of results.
- Creates reports from analysis of initial observations and conclusions.
- Establishes experimental protocols, design and documentation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the lab.
- Recommends changes to the lab practices and procedures.
- Uses necessary equipment to perform studies.
- Maintains lab space.
- Learns about and shares with laboratory members the latest advances in laboratory techniques being used.
- Communicates issues to the Principal Investigator, Laboratory Manager or Department Chair.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training.
- Minimum of 1 or more years of experience.
- Ability to work independently and have a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Flexible in work schedule. Must be available to occasionally come to the laboratory on a weekend day or stay late for a given experiment.
- Lab specific technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- B.Sc. or Master's degree.
- Experience working in a BSL2/BSL3 lab facility.
- Experience with small animal handling.
- Other lab specific.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Lab specific.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Lab specific.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.